Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas...my Favorite Time of Year

I just love Christmas! I snow falling on the ground, the lights twinkling everywhere. Kids sitting on Santa's lap with lists as long as their arms! But this is also the time of year that a lot of families reconnect. Maybe you'll see that aunt or uncle that you haven't seen all year and talk about all the good times you've had. Or maybe you'll be getting together with family you see quiet often and just having a grand old time.

That's what we'll be doing. My dad's family always has a Christmas party. We used to exchange gifts, but now we have a White Elephant Christmas...also known as a Chinesse Christmas or a Yankee Gift Exchange. One of the most memorable things that we've ever gotten exchanged has been a metal urinal and bedpan. It was great! A few years ago my dad and mom went home with a black hat and a bull whip...I'm still having nightmares!

0 comments: